- Car Insurance
- Van Insurance
- Bike Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Other Products
- About Us
- Contact Us
Why Is Car Insurance For Women Cheaper?
Traditionally, women’s car insurance has been less expensive than other demographic groups, especially for women under the age of 25, a main factor being that women are less likely to be in an accident than men.
Trends show that women tend to buy smaller, less expensive cars than men, which means they cost less to repair than more expensive models leading to lower claims and cheaper insurance.
Whatever the reasons there are for women having fewer accidents than men, the fact remains that as far as insurers are concerned, women remain a safer bet. That's why they continue to enjoy lower insurance premiums, and why insurers such as bewiser.co.uk are willing to offer their female customers cheaper car insurance policies.
Lady Driver Facts:
- A lady driver is generally considered less of a risk than their male counterparts.
- Lady driver motor insurance premiums are on average 30% lower than mens.
- Government figures show that over 92% of convictions for driving offences in the UK are for men. Showing, women are safer and more law abiding drivers.
- Female drivers are considered a lower risk by car insurance companies not simply because of their gender, but because they have different driving habits to men
- Women behind the wheel are likely to be quicker to switch focus to deal with an unexpected event.
There’s a reason why women’s car insurance is cheaper, and that’s because they are safer drivers.
Featured Article: Why Female Car Insurance Is Different
Shopping around to find the most suitable car insurance quote is one way to get the best result, but do not forget to consider policies specific for women.
Many insurance companies offer female cover, because it is thought by some that girls are safer drivers and therefore less of a road risk.
Some motor insurance, like Be Wiser's, for women has breakdown cover built-in to prevent lone females being stuck and in potential danger if their vehicle fails.
Other quirks and extras offered by some companies include handbag protection in case of theft, or a donation to a women's charity.
However, as well as tailored car insurance, there are other ways to make sure you get value for money when it comes to cover.
All personal details are taken into account when premiums are calculated, so any no-claims bonuses should help knock the price down, as could a smaller engine size, the age of the driver, keeping the vehicle in a safe place overnight and the area the motorist lives in.