Motorbike Insurance You Can Count On
Get the right level of bike insurance cover today and enjoy a range of free policy extras - including RAC roadside assistance breakdown cover, misfuelling cover, helmet & leathers cover and more. With so many extras available and a leading insurer panel to choose from, we are confident that our team of insurance advisors will provide the right insurance policy for your specific needs, giving you complete peace of mind on the road.
Don’t just take our word for it – we are rated Platinum by independent review platform Feefo for consistent levels of excellent customer service.
Be Wiser with your motorbike insurance and get a quote online now.
If you own a motorbike, you’ll need insurance to protect your motorcycle from various unforeseen circumstances. Motorbike insurance usually provides cover if your motorbike is stolen, damaged or if you get involved in a road accident.
Your motorbike insurance also covers you if you cause injury to members of the public or other road users, or if you cause any damage to their property. It is illegal for you to ride a motorcycle without insurance.
This depends on the type of insurance policy you choose. There are three types of motorbike insurance cover available: Third Party Only, Third Party Fire and Theft and Comprehensive. Here is a summary of what each insurance policy covers:
Third Party Only
This is the minimum legal level of insurance you need in the UK to cover your motorbike. With third party insurance you’re covered when:
- Damaging another vehicle
- Causing injury to another person
- Damaging other people’s property
This does not cover or provide any financial assistance for any damage caused to your own motorbike (such as repair costs) or any injury caused to you in an accident.
Third Party, Fire and Theft
This offers the same cover as third party insurance. However, in addition to that, you’ll also be covered if your motorbike is damaged through fire or if it gets stolen.
Comprehensive insurance is the most complete level of cover you can get for your motorbike. It provides cover for all levels of protection including third party, fire and theft. Comprehensive insurance also covers:
- Damage caused to your motorbike, both accidental and vandalism
- Emergency treatment and expenses when injured in an accident
This usually varies between policies, however, here are some of the common exclusions within your motorbike insurance policy:
- You won’t be covered if your motorbike is used in racing
- You won’t be covered if you are riding other people’s motorbikes
- Depending on the policy, you might also not be covered for loss or damage to helmets and protective clothing
The exact cover you get from your motorbike insurance policy will depend on the level of cover you choose.
Within some policies, certain extras may be included as standard. If these extra features are optional, you can be charged more for them, but it could be worth it for a policy that perfectly meets your needs.
Additional features which may or may not be covered by your motorbike insurance policy include:
- Helmet and leathers insurance
- Sidecar insurance
- Riding your motorbike abroad
- Breakdown cover
- Legal expenses
- Extra riders
For example, an annual motorbike insurance policy from Be Wiser includes free helmet and leathers cover, gadget cover, misfuelling cover, roadside assistance breakdown cover, claims assistance and three months personal accident cover, all as standard.
Why Be Wiser
We Offer Wiser Value
- FREE Helmet & Leathers Cover
- FREE Gadget Cover
- FREE Misfuelling Cover
- Multi Vehicle Discounts
- Panel Of Leading Bike Insurers
We Won't Leave You Uncovered
- FREE Breakdown Cover
- FREE Claim Assistance
- FREE 3 Months Personal Accident Cover
We Are Here For You
- 24/7 Free Phone Claims Helpline
- UK Based Staff & Offices
- Friendly & Experienced Staff
About Your Quote
In order to reduce the number of questions you need to answer, we’ve made some assumptions about your eligibility to get a quote using our online quote engine. Please help us speed up your online quotation by clicking here to check you meet this criteria.
If the below information does not apply to you, we may still be able to provide you with a quote over the phone – please call 0333 003 8450 to speak to our friendly insurance specialists.
Please Read Carefully
Please help us speed up your online quotation by confirming that the conditions below are correct:
- All riders are permanent residents of the United Kingdom
- All riders are legally entitled to drive the motorcycle in the UK and have a valid licence to do so
- None of the riders have any medical conditions which must be legally disclosed to the DVLA
- None of the riders have any non-motoring convictions unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act e.g. theft, dishonesty, or fraud
- None of the riders have ever had insurance refused, cancelled, voided, or special terms imposed on any insurance policy
- The motorcycle has not been modified in any way from the manufacturer's standard specification