DR10 Car Insurance You Can Count On
At Be Wiser, we are driven by achievements and being able to get the right policy for our customers is at the top of our list. We understand the difficulty in being able to find a policy that works for you following an DR10 motoring conviction, therefore our team of insurance professionals are here to help.
Be Wiser with your car insurance and get a quote online now.
Get A Quote Retrieve Your Quote
A DR10 is a motoring endorsement code used by both the police and the DVLA for driving, or attempting to drive, with an alcohol level above the legal limit.
If you are convicted of a DR10, you can expect to incur a minimum 12 month disqualification together with a fine, community order or a prison sentence. The level of alcohol detected in your system impacts the severity of the penalty imposed.
Being convicted of any offence means that your car insurance premium may rise, because insurers may see drivers with convictions as a higher risk. This means that driver’s with drink driving endorsements on their licence may face insurance premiums that are significantly higher than drivers with clean licenses.
If you are convicted of a DR10 offence, it will stay on your driving licence for 11 years from the date of the conviction.
It is essential that you disclose your conviction, by law, for at least five years after the date you were convicted when shopping for car insurance. Failure to disclose this to your insurer is illegal and will invalidate your insurance.
You may be able to reduce the cost of your car insurance by paying for it annually instead of monthly, choosing to pay a higher voluntary excess, keeping your car in a secure location overnight such as a garage, and fitting an alarm and immobiliser. Find out more in our article How To Make Your Car Insurance Premiums Cheaper.
In addition to this, getting a quote with a dependable insurance broker such as Be Wiser is a great place to start.
- FREE Legal Expenses Cover
- FREE Misfuelling Cover*
- FREE Breakdown Cover
- 24 Hour Free Claims Helpline
- UK Based Staff & Offices
- Friendly Team Of Knowledgeable Staff
For full details on all our free policy extras - click here
*Free Misfuelling Cover is provided by the RAC as part of their breakdown cover
About Your Quote
In order to reduce the number of questions you need to answer, we’ve made some assumptions about your eligibility to get a quote using our online quote engine. Please help us speed up your online quotation by clicking here to check you meet this criteria.
If the below information does not apply to you, we may still be able to provide you with a quote over the phone – please call 0333 003 8450 to speak to our friendly insurance specialists.
Please Read Carefully
To help with your online quotation please have the following information to hand:
- The personal details of all drivers
- Full details of the vehicle to be insured
- Details of any claims or convictions for all drivers
- Details of any No Claims Bonus claimed
Please help us speed up your online quotation by confirming that the conditions below are correct.
- All drivers are permanent residents of the United Kingdom and do not have more than one occupation.
- All drivers are legally entitled to drive in the UK and have a valid licence.
- None of the drivers have any medical conditions which must be legally disclosed to the DVLA.
- None of the drivers have any non-motoring convictions unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act e.g. theft, dishonesty, or fraud.
- None of the drivers have ever had insurance refused, cancelled, voided, or special terms imposed on any insurance policy.
- The vehicle has not been modified in any way from the manufacturer's standard specification and does not exceed 7 seats.
- The vehicle is not registered as a Q plate.
- You own the vehicle and it is registered in your name. The vehicle will be kept at your home address.
- The vehicle will not be used for private hire, competitions, rallies, trials, track days, off road events or for any purpose in connection with the motor trade.
- As part of the quotation process you may be contacted by us as further discounts and benefits may apply.
It may be that you cannot comply with these criteria. If this is the case please call us free on 0333 003 8450 and we will be happy to assist you.
Many UK motorists have driving convictions and it can be difficult to find quality and competitively-priced car insurance. Here at Be Wiser our specialist team is on-hand to listen to your individual circumstances and we will endeavour to find you the best policy at the best price. We can access our large panel of Insurance Companies to ensure that you get the cover you require – often at a great price saving over your current policy.
Have you completed a drink driving scheme? Drivers with a DR10 conviction who have completed a drink driving course can receive up 10% discount with zero years' no claims, and up to 20% off with no claims of one year or more.
All driving convictions are covered, including totting up. We have specialist insurers available who aim to help keep the cost of your car insurance as low as possible whilst taking into consideration your driving history.