Impounded Car Insurance You Can Count On
Having your car impounded is a major inconvenience and can be a costly one. We work with a number of specialist insurers, who understand your requirements, to provide you with the necessary cover to get your impounded car back on the road.
Be Wiser with your choice and get an insurance quote from us today.
Often, cars are seized by the police as a method of clamping down on uninsured vehicles on the road. The police can quickly identify drivers that are not insured by using automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) systems. If the ANPR system flags your car and it becomes evident you are not covered, it can be seized.
You can also get your car or van seized by the police for a number of other reasons including invalid or revoked driving licences, dangerous driving or parking your vehicle illegally or dangerously.
To get your car out of impound, you will need to arrange collection and bring a number of documents with you – including proof that your car is insured. You will need a minimum of 30 days insurance cover to have your car returned to you.
To reclaim your vehicle, you must bring the correct documents to the impound:
- Proof of identity
- Valid driving licence
- Valid certificate of motor insurance
- Proof of ownership
- A current MOT test pass certificate
Most insurers won’t insure you to get your car out of the impound. This is because you need a specialist policy to allow the release of a motor vehicle.
Be Wiser can provide you with temporary car impound insurance so that you can return to the road with minimal cost and hassle, providing:
- Instant cover over the phone
- A minimum of 30 days cover
- Cover for all drivers from the age of 21-68
- Cover for drivers with a range of motoring and non-motoring convictions
- Insures the policy holder only
About Your Quote
In order to reduce the number of questions you need to answer, we’ve made some assumptions about your eligibility to get a quote using our online quote engine. Please help us speed up your online quotation by clicking here to check you meet this criteria.
If the below information does not apply to you, we may still be able to provide you with a quote over the phone – please call 0333 003 8450 to speak to our friendly insurance specialists.
Please Read Carefully
To help with your online quotation please have the following information to hand:
- The personal details of all drivers
- Full details of the vehicle to be insured
- Details of any claims or convictions for all drivers
- Details of any No Claims Bonus claimed
Please help us speed up your online quotation by confirming that the conditions below are correct.
- All drivers are permanent residents of the United Kingdom and do not have more than one occupation.
- All drivers are legally entitled to drive in the UK and have a valid licence.
- None of the drivers have any medical conditions which must be legally disclosed to the DVLA.
- None of the drivers have any non-motoring convictions unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act e.g. theft, dishonesty, or fraud.
- None of the drivers have ever had insurance refused, cancelled, voided, or special terms imposed on any insurance policy.
- The vehicle has not been modified in any way from the manufacturer's standard specification and does not exceed 7 seats.
- The vehicle is not registered as a Q plate.
- You own the vehicle and it is registered in your name. The vehicle will be kept at your home address.
- The vehicle will not be used for private hire, competitions, rallies, trials, track days, off road events or for any purpose in connection with the motor trade.
It may be that you cannot comply with these criteria. If this is the case please call us free on 0333 003 8450 and we will be happy to assist you.