Landlord Insurance You Can Count On

Get the right level of landlord insurance cover today to protect your home or office. With a leading insurer panel to choose from, our team of insurance advisors can provide a tailored insurance policy for your specific needs, giving you complete peace of mind that your property is covered.

Be Wiser with your landlord insurance and get a quote by calling us on 0333 003 0347.

Get A Quote

Be Wiser's Guide To Landlord Insurance

Landlord insurance is home or office insurance designed for people who are letting out their property to tenants. It can include the following types of cover:

  • Buildings insurance
  • Contents insurance
  • Loss of rent insurance
  • Emergency cover
  • Property owners liability insurance
  • Private and mixed-use property insurance
  • Block of flats insurance
  • Terrorism insurance
  • Legal assistance

The type of landlord insurance you need will depend on your specific circumstances and your property. Read on to find out more about the different types of cover available:

Buildings Insurance for Landlords
As a minimum, your building should be insured for the cost of rebuilding the property, not the market value. Landlord insurance policies will automatically include perils such as fire and flood, but perils such as accidental damage and subsidence may need to be specifically requested. At Be Wiser, our qualified advisors can help you select the most suitable cover for your individual needs.

Contents Insurance for Landlords
If your property is let furnished, you should consider taking out contents insurance. Many landlord buildings insurance policies now include a small amount of cover automatically for free. Although usually more expensive, the better landlord contents insurance policies will provide cover for malicious damage caused by the tenant.

Loss of Rent Insurance
As a landlord, the rent you receive is as important as the building itself. If your property becomes uninhabitable following an insured peril like a fire, then the tenant will no longer be in a position to pay rent. Loss of rent insurance is often included within a landlord insurance policy, but not always. Our qualified advisors can discuss your specific needs and find a policy to meet your own requirements.

Property Owners’ Liability Insurance
This type of cover works in the same way as a public liability insurance policy, but specifically covers incidents arising out of the ownership of your building. For example, if a tile falls from a roof and injures a passerby, they could then sue the landlord for compensation. A property owners’ liability insurance policy will pay a solicitor to defend you and pay any compensation claim. 

When taking out landlord insurance, it’s important to identify the risks presented by the rented property. A good landlord insurance policy will cover the buildings, landlord’s liability and loss of rent. Additional extras may include contents, legal expenses and home emergency cover. When comparing policies, many look at the price first but ultimately, the main points of cover are the most important aspect. Does the landlord insurance policy fit your property?

You can get a landlord insurance quote online in just minutes by answering a few questions. If you have a specific insurance requirement and it is easier for you to speak to one of our qualified advisors, please call us on 0333 003 0347.

Insurance News