No motorists wants to have to make a claim on their insurance, however, sometimes it is unavoidable. Fortunately for most it is straightforward things such as dents and maybe the odd paint chip, for the ill-fated few the claim form can be a subject of mortification.
The following are some genuine experts from motor insurance claim forms:
1. "A frozen squirrel fell out of a tree and crashed through the windscreen on to the passenger seat."
2. "The car was parked when a reindeer fell on the bonnet of my car."
3. "As I was driving round a bend, one of the doors opened and a frozen kebab flew out, hitting and damaging a passing car."
4. "A herd of cows licked my car and caused damage to the paintwork."
5. "A zebra collided with my car when I was at a safari park."
6. "While I was waiting at traffic lights, a wasp went down my trouser leg which made me hit the accelerator and prang the car in front."
7. "I couldn't brake because a potato was lodged behind the brake."
8. "My parked car was hit by a bull which had escaped from an agricultural show."
9. "A cow jumped on my quad bike."
10. "As I came over a hill, I hit a cow in the middle of the road, which then hit the bonnet and shattered the windscreen with its rear end," (the cow survived).
"Who would have thought that frozen squirrels and potatoes could be such hazards," said a motor insurance spokeswoman.
"We can hardly tell drivers to beware of flying kebabs and frozen squirrels when they're on the roads, but this shows how important it is to be aware of what's going on around you at all times."