Last time we covered some top tips on how to make sure your car is ready for the changing seasons. So now we can offer you some great advice about how to stay safe on the road:
1. Got to wear Shades – seems like odd advice doesn’t it for the autumn months but the fact is the sun is often really low in the sky in the early morning and evening and can easily dazzle the unsuspecting driver.
2. Keep the heat on – make sure all the car windows are fully demisted before you set out, it is best to allow a little extra time to do this. And keep them clean, inside and out, too the low sun can make it difficult to see through the grubby glass.
3. Look out for leaves – we all remember how the trains got stopped by leaves on the line a few years ago, but the truth is a patch of wet leaves can be just as slippy as a puddle of water. Take care when there are trees near the road and keep your speed down around corners.
4. Light up – always turn on your headlights before dusk in the morning or evening. This time will be getting closer and closer to your commute time if it hasn’t already. This will help you to see and also make sure you can be seen.
5. Get covered – there is probably more chance that you will breakdown on the colder months so make sure you have adequate breakdown protection.