Here is part 2 of our guide to saving some money on your car insurance:
1. Get a friend – consider adding your partner or older relative as a named driver. The caveat is that they must have a long, clean driving record to help boost yours. This can be especially useful if you are a new or young driver or have just had to claim on your insurance.
2. Security – it is well known that fitting an immobiliser or alarm to your car will have a positive effect on your car insurance.
3. Don’t import a car – if you have recently moved to the UK and want to bring your car back with you, think twice as this will definitely bump up your premium. It could be that the spec is defined as different here and you could face a surcharge.
4. Safe Driver – make special mention of the fact that you are a safe driver with years of claim and trouble free driving, you never know it could make a difference.
5. Pay as you drive – consider one of these new systems where your driving is monitored by a black box. Safer drivers are rewarded with lower renewal premiums which can be up to 20% off.
6. Don’t pay twice – double check what you are getting as you could be paying for the same service twice, like motor recovery.