Scooter & Moped Insurance from the Experts
We know the most important thing is to look after our customers – and that’s what we do. All our clients enjoy free breakdown cover, free claims & legal assistance, free handbag/wallet and gadget cover, free Personal Accident cover and Helmet and Leathers cover, and we'll take the time and trouble to find you scooter insurance you can rely on.
A study revealed that the number of people taking out motorbike or scooter insurance has surged by nearly a quarter this year.
Results from a study by the AA have highlighted that scooter insurance costs are frequently lower than car insurance premiums, as well as being more economical and tend to be somewhat cheaper to insure.
Although there have been dips in motorbike and scooter insurance sales in the past, two-wheeled driver insurance is on the rise again. According to recent figures moped use has increased with registrations up 1.5%, scooters were up by 1.1%, adventure sport bikes increased by 5.7% and touring bikes rose by 8.6%.
Using mopeds or motorcycles over the Spring and Summer can help reduce day-to-day transport and running costs, including insurance which is significantly cheaper for motorcycles and mopeds than cars.
The biggest risk to your scooter is probably theft, as scooters are relatively light and easy to steal. You should opt for at least third party, fire and theft cover.
Many insurance companies, such as Be Wiser are now offering great deals on scooter insurance in anticipation for a rise in the number of motorbike and moped riders on the road.
Scooter Insurance Facts:
• Scooters are an economical choice of transport, some offering up to 80mpg.
• Scooters were designed from the outset with the commuter in mind, offering a more comfortable alternative to the traditional motorcycle.
• Scooter insurance takes many factors into consideration, such as previous insurance history, age, experience as well as previous claims history.
Why Choose Us?
- FREE Helmet and Leathers Cover
- FREE Personal Accident Cover
- FREE Breakdown Cover
- FREE Gadget & Bag Cover
- FREE Claims & Legal Assistance
- UK Based Staff & Offices
- Friendly and Experienced Staff
- Our Panel Features 30+ Leading UK Insurers
|24/7 free phone claims helpline|
|Guaranteed multi vehicle discounts to save you money and hassle|
|No claims bonus discounts|
|24/7 roadside assistance for anywhere in the UK|
|Leather clothing, helmet, boots and gloves covered|
Please Read Carefully
To help with your online quotation please have the following information to hand:
- The personal details of all riders
- Full details of the motorcycle(s) to be insured
- Details of any claims or convictions for all riders
- Details of any No Claims Bonus claimed
Please help us speed up your online quotation by confirming that the conditions below are correct.
All riders are permanent residents of the United Kingdom and do not have more than one occupation.
- All riders are legally entitled to drive the motorcycle in the UK and have a valid licence to do so.
- None of the riders have any medical conditions which must be legally disclosed to the DVLA.
- None of the riders have any non-motoring convictions unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act e.g. theft, dishonesty, or fraud.
- None of the riders have ever had insurance refused, cancelled, voided, or special terms imposed on any insurance policy.
- The motorcycle has not been modified in any way from the manufacturer's standard specification.
- The motorcycle is not registered as a Q plate.
- You own the motorcycle and it is registered in your name. The motorcycle will be kept at your home address.
- Helmet & Leathers - Excess payable £50.00. Maximum of £1000 will be paid out.
- Personal Accident - Only covers you between the ages of 18 and 70 .
- Roadside Assistance - all cover will commence 48 hours after purchase date. This product will only cover the specified bike.
- Leather clothing, helmet, boots and gloves covered up to £1,000. Damage to motor cycle clothing as a result of a motor accident and if your clothing is beyond repair they will replace in the same form or style.
- Personal Accident cover is also included for death, loss of limb, loss of sight, disablement as a result of the accident (up to £10,000). Plus £250 for emergency dental cover.
- Helmet & Leathers and Personal Accident cover is underwritten by Fortis.
- Roadside Assistance cover, 24/7, anywhere in the UK (Excluding Northern Ireland) over ¼ of a mile from home address, 365 days a year.
- Repair referral and free tow to an approved garage (within 10 miles) where you'll get priority attention.
- Taxi fares of up to 20 miles from breakdown if vehicle cannot be repaired.
- As part of the quotation process you may be contacted by us as further discounts and benefits may apply.
Helmet & Leathers policy wording available here.
It may be that you cannot comply with these criteria. If this is the case please call us free on 0800 954 9570 and we will be happy to assist you.
Here is some recent news from the motoring world.