SP30 Car Insurance You Can Count On
At Be Wiser, we are passionate about providing a competitive insurance quote for your needs. We understand the importance of being able to find the right policy following an SP30 motoring conviction and we specialise in finding policies to meet every customer’s individual needs.
Be Wiser with your car insurance and get a quote online now.
Get A Quote Retrieve Your Quote
One of the most common motoring offences is speeding and an SP30 conviction is for exceeding the statutory speed limit on a public road. This differs from an SP50 conviction as that only refers to speeding on motorways.
You will get between 3 to 6 points on your licence depending on the level of speeding, as well as a minimum fine of £100. You may be given the option of taking a speed awareness course instead of receiving points. This can happen in cases such as your first speeding offence, how far above the speed limit you were or if you haven’t attended a course within the last three years.
It is important to note that speeding endorsements stay on your licence for 4 years from the date of the offence and you must make your insurer aware of any convictions. If you don’t, you could risk invalidating your insurance if you make a claim. In some cases, you may need to notify some insurers for a speeding conviction that was over four years ago.
If you are a new driver and have passed your test within the last 2 years and you get 6 or more points, your licence may be revoked.
Speeding convictions will inevitably make getting car insurance at a competitive rate more difficult. This is because insurance providers consider those with convictions to be in a higher risk category. This is the case even more so if you are a young driver.
Be Wiser works with a number of specialist insurers to provide car insurance for motorists who have received a speeding conviction, meaning we are committed to finding you the right insurance cover.
- FREE Legal Expenses Cover
- FREE Misfuelling Cover*
- FREE Breakdown Cover
- 24 Hour Free Claims Helpline
- UK Based Staff & Offices
- Friendly Team Of Knowledgeable Staff
For full details on all our free policy extras - click here
*Free Misfuelling Cover is provided by the RAC as part of their breakdown cover
About Your Quote
In order to reduce the number of questions you need to answer, we’ve made some assumptions about your eligibility to get a quote using our online quote engine. Please help us speed up your online quotation by clicking here to check you meet this criteria.
If the below information does not apply to you, we may still be able to provide you with a quote over the phone – please call 0333 003 8450 to speak to our friendly insurance specialists.
Please Read Carefully
To help with your online quotation please have the following information to hand:
- The personal details of all drivers
- Full details of the vehicle to be insured
- Details of any claims or convictions for all drivers
- Details of any No Claims Bonus claimed
Please help us speed up your online quotation by confirming that the conditions below are correct.
- All drivers are permanent residents of the United Kingdom and do not have more than one occupation.
- All drivers are legally entitled to drive in the UK and have a valid licence.
- None of the drivers have any medical conditions which must be legally disclosed to the DVLA.
- None of the drivers have any non-motoring convictions unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act e.g. theft, dishonesty, or fraud.
- None of the drivers have ever had insurance refused, cancelled, voided, or special terms imposed on any insurance policy.
- The vehicle has not been modified in any way from the manufacturer's standard specification and does not exceed 7 seats.
- The vehicle is not registered as a Q plate.
- You own the vehicle and it is registered in your name. The vehicle will be kept at your home address.
- The vehicle will not be used for private hire, competitions, rallies, trials, track days, off road events or for any purpose in connection with the motor trade.
- As part of the quotation process you may be contacted by us as further discounts and benefits may apply.
It may be that you cannot comply with these criteria. If this is the case please call us free on 0333 003 8450 and we will be happy to assist you.