Insurance brokers do the hard work to source and provide you with quotes from car insurance companies that may meet your exacting requirements. Here we explore why using a car insurance broker may be the right option for you when hunting for your perfect policy.
What Is A Car Insurance Broker?
To put it simply, an insurance broker searches the car insurance market on your behalf to help you find the right policy.
Once you have told your chosen insurance broker what your requirements are for car insurance, they will research the market and provide you with options. They will have knowledge of each provider that they work with as well as their policies, so can act as a go-between for you and the insurance company. Additionally, when it comes to making a claim, some brokers may guide you through the process and take the lead in negotiations with your insurer.
It is important to point out that insurance brokers work independently, meaning that they don’t represent or work for one particular insurer. They must follow British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) regulations; therefore, they are obliged to put you first, ahead of the insurance companies, and find you the best deals they can. Brokers are different to insurance agents, who will represent one insurance company.
What’s The Difference Between An Insurance Broker And An Insurance Agent?
Agents are representatives of insurance companies meaning they only sell that particular insurer’s products, while a broker works only for you.
Advantages Of Using A Car Insurance Broker
If you are trying to decide on whether utilising a car insurance broker is the right choice for you, we have put together a list of the advantages of doing so:
- Specific Guidance: Unlike comparison sites, brokers have specialist expertise and can give you guidance on the products that may suit your needs.
- Multiple Viable Options: If you go directly to an insurer, they won’t always offer you every type of cover. Brokers can find the types of cover available from the panel of insurers that they work with and help you work out what you need.
- Tailored Cover: A broker will ask you about your personal circumstances to find you the right policy by comparing prices and product features, so you have peace of mind on the road. Given their expertise and experience in the industry, insurance brokers may be able to help with balancing the level of cover with the cost of the policy.
- Finding Specialist Cover: On comparison sites, you might not find cover for specific or bespoke cover for things such as convictions. However, brokers can be particularly helpful when it comes to specialist forms of insurance.
- Your claims are taken care of: If you need to make a claim, your broker might speak to loss adjusters and claims departments, so you don’t have the hassle and worry.
- Simplicity: This is a big advantage of using a broker. They do all the leg work for you, and because of their commitment to advancing customer interests, they know policy specifics that can help you get a good deal on your car insurance.
- Putting you first: As previously mentioned, under the rules of the British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA), car insurance brokers are obliged to put you first, rather than any insurance company.
Can An Insurance Broker Help You?
No matter what level or type of insurance you need, if you’re having trouble finding insurance or want the ease of not doing the leg work, a broker will know the insurance companies who can cover you based on what you need, at the right price.
For example, if you’ve made a lot of claims or have had convictions in the past, an insurance broker might have access to specialist products with exclusive discounts for having a telematics box fitted in the car.
Whatever your circumstances, it is essential that you have the right insurance, and there are so many tailored options available. Be Wiser can help you to find the right insurance policy for you. Start your search for the perfect policy with us!