Quality Young Driver Car Insurance from the Experts
We know the most important thing is to look after our customers – and that’s what we do. All our clients enjoy free breakdown cover, free claim assistance and free handbag/wallet and gadget cover. If you are a young driver, and you want exceptional car insurance, you are in the right place.
About Your Quote
In order to reduce the number of questions you need to answer, we’ve made some assumptions about your eligibility to get a quote using our online quote engine. Please help us speed up your online quotation by clicking here to check you meet this criteria.
If the below information does not apply to you, we may still be able to provide you with a quote over the phone – please call 0800 954 9570 to speak to our friendly insurance specialists.
Please Read Carefully
Please help us speed up your online quotation by confirming that the conditions below are correct:
- All drivers are legally entitled to drive in the UK and have a valid licence
- None of the drivers have any medical conditions which must be legally disclosed to the DVLA
- None of the drivers have any non-motoring convictions unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act e.g. theft, dishonesty, or fraud
- None of the drivers have ever had insurance refused, cancelled, voided, or special terms imposed on any insurance policy
- The vehicle has not been modified in any way from the manufacturer's standard specification
- The vehicle will not be used for private hire, competitions, rallies, trials, track days, off road events or for any purpose in connection with the motor trade
For young drivers it seems they get a lot of stick for little other than being young - this is especially true when it comes to car insurance.
When you first start out driving you have no indication what kind of driver you are going to be - and neither do insurance companies! Because car insurance is calculated on probability simply looking at the numbers is a good way of working out why young driver’s car insurance is so expensive.
Young Drivers Statistics:
• One in four road deaths are the death of young drivers
• The DSA figures suggest that two under 25’s are killed on British roads every day
• One in eight driving licence holders are under 25, yet one in three drivers who die on UK roads are under 25
• An 18-year-old driver is more than three times as likely to be involved in a crash as a 48-year-old
• One in five new drivers has a crash within 6 months of passing their test
Because young drivers usually haven’t had the time to Be Wiser and gain important driving history, insurance companies have to rely on statistics like these. For young drivers, especially young male drivers, this can feel like you are being punished for other motorists' mistakes.
However, there are ways to keep down the costs of your driving insurance for young drivers.
Carefully consider the impact of your car on insurance – avoiding cars which have a “boy racer,” image is a good start. A car with a decent safety and security rating is most likely to push your premium down. If you find your insurance policy costs are too high you could also take on an advanced driving scheme such as Pass Plus - some insurers reduce premiums by 10% with a Pass Plus certificate and you'll gain some valuable driving skills along the way.
While driving insurance for young drivers is likely to stay high there are ways to keep your driving insurance down – staying safe and Being Wiser goes a long way to helping.